With FrontPage 2000, you can use information from a field in a database to
display images on your Web page.
The sample database contains a column called Image. This field
contains a file name for an image. You can use this information to display this
NOTE: Three images that you can use for this example are located in the
Images folder. They are animal1.gif, animal2.gif, and
To display an image using data from a database, follow these steps:
- Create a new page, and name it "displayimages.asp" (without
the quotation marks).
- On the Insert menu, point to Database, and click Results.
- In Step 1 of the Database Results Wizard, click the Use
an existing database connection button, and click to select Volcano2
from the list. Click Next.
- In Step 2 of the Database Results Wizard, make sure the Record
Source option is selected and Employees is selected from the
list. Click Next.
- In Step 3 of the Database Results Wizard, click Edit List.
- In the Displayed Fields dialog box, click to select all of the
items in the Displayed Fields list except for First Name, LastName,
and Image, and click Remove.
- In Step 4 of the Database Results Wizard, click Next.
- In Step 5 of the Database Results Wizard, click to select the Display
all records together option, and click Finish.
- Locate the database column value that reads "<<Image>>"
and delete it.
- In the table cell that you just removed the column value from, insert the
animal1.gif picture from the images folder by using the Picture
command on the Insert menu. This places the lion image in the table.
- Right-click the image you just inserted, and click Picture Properties.
- Under Picture Source, click Browse, and then click Parameters.
- In the path field, remove the current path and then click Insert Field
Parameter and select Image.
- Click OK three times. You see a small broken image icon in the
column under PicName.
- Save the page as show.asp on the File menu.